OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN
A BRAVADO - ROCKTOBER MERCH PACKAGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Sponsor: The “Bravado – Rocktober Merch Sweepstakes” (“Contest”) is sponsored by Universal Music Canada Inc., 80 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 1X9 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Any and all personal information provided in this Contest is provided to Sponsor and not Instagram. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the prize, including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
- Contest Period: This Contest begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 15th, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 19th, 2020 (“Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of, and physically located within Canada, excluding the province of Quebec (collectively, “Territory”) who are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. In the case of individuals between the age of 13 and the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, such individual’s parent(s) or legal guardian must consent to these rules and their child’s entry in the Contest. Entrants under the age of majority are eligible to win the Grand Prize Package provided that the winning entrant’s parent or legal guardian accepts the Grand Prize Package on his/her behalf and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the Release Form. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations.
Excluded from eligibility are the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of the Contest materials, or those living in the same household as any of the above.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access, Instagram account and email address required.
To obtain one entry, during the Contest Period, entrants can enter the Contest by completing the following steps:
Any use of automated devices is prohibited. Limit one (1) entry per person/Instagram handle during the Contest Period. Any individual entrant found to be using multiple Instagram accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible to win. Selected entrants who have not reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence will be required to provide parent or legal guardian’s name, address, and email address and the parent(s) or legal guardian shall be required to accept the Grand Prize Package on behalf of the entrant.
- (a) Following @bravadomerchcanada on Instagram
- (b) Tagging one (1) friend in the comments of the required Instagram post, available at https://www.instagram.com/bravadomerchcanada/
- (c) (c) All entries must include all information requested on the Instagram post, posted by @bravadomerchcanada.
- Contest Prize: There will be a total of one (1) grand prize package (the “Grand Prize Package”) available to be won. The Grand Prize Package consists of:
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize Package is TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY CANADIAN DOLLARS ($260.00 CDN). The Grand Prize Package as described is subject to availability, may not be exchanged for cash, is non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be sold, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. The winner, or their parent or legal guardian, as applicable, assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. At their election, and in the event the Grand Prize Package, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded as described in these Official Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater retail value. Sponsor will not be responsible if weather conditions or other factors beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control prevent the Grand Prize Package or part of the Grand Prize Package from being fulfilled. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes not specified herein will be the responsibility of the selected winner.
- Two (2) Guns N Roses Long Sleeve T-Shirts (Men’s)
- Two (2) Guns N Roses Short Sleeve T-Shirts (Men’s)
- Two (2) Queen T-Shirts (Ladies)
- Two (2) Rolling Stones T-Shirts (Ladies)
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the end of the Contest Period.
- Winner Selection, Skill-Testing Question & Confirmation: Contest judges at the Universal Music Canada Inc. offices located at 80 Atlantic Avenue Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario M6K 1X9 (or virtually as a result of COVID-19), will make a random draw for the Grand Prize Package on or about October 20th, 2020 at around 12:00 PM ET from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor, via its Instagram account, will contact a selected entrant by Instagram direct message within one (1) business day of the draw date.
To win the Grand Prize Package and be declared the “Winner”, the selected entrant will be required to provide Sponsor their email address in response to Sponsor’s Instagram direct message within 24 hours of Sponsor’s sending of same, and will then be required to confirm their jurisdiction of residence, and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid. The winner (or its parent/legal guardian, as applicable) of the Grand Prize Package will be required to provide personal information to receive the Grand Prize Package and must agree and comply with these Official Rules, all of its terms and conditions, including a confirmation that the entrant resides in Canada (excluding Quebec), an acknowledgement indemnifying, discharging and releasing the Contest Entities from any and all claims for damages, losses or injuries resulting from the Contest, confirming compliance with the Official Rules, and acceptance of the Grand Prize Package as awarded (“Release Form”). In the event that a potential winner is under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor will require the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian to ratify and sign the selected entrant’s Release Form. If a selected entrant cannot be notified, the Release Form is not returned and the skill-testing question cannot be administered within 48 hours of the first attempt to contact the selected entrant, the entrant will be disqualified, and an alternate entrant will be selected. The Release Form must be returned by email to: “Bravado - Rocktober Merch Sweepstakes” c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification within the period of time specified in the paragraph above, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), release documents, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited prize in accordance with these Official Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Sponsor’s websites or accounts, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
All decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Right to Void/Terminate/Suspend/Modify: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend/modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s)). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Grand Prize Package from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever.
- Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS (OR THEIR PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS, AS APPLICABLE) ACKNOWLEDGE COMPLIANCE WITH, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- (a) All winners agree to accept the Grand Prize Package as awarded.
- (b) BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS (OR THEIR PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S), AS APPLICABLE), RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM, ITS DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES, PARENT, RELATED AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, FRANCHISEES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, COUNSEL, MARKETING PARTNERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS, SPONSORS, PARTNERS, LICENSEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, ARTISTS, ADVISORS, ASSIGNEES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ADMINISTRATION, DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST (“CONTEST ENTITIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF ACTION, CAUSE OF ACTION, CLAIM OR DEMAND, LOSS OR INJURY, OR ANY SUIT, DEBT, COVENANT, CONTRACT INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM (I) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE; (II) ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, (III) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- (c) Entrants (or their parents/legal guardians, as applicable) agree to indemnify the Contest Entities from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, loss, damage or expense, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees, whatsoever, that any of the Contest Entities may suffer or incur as a result of non-compliance by entrants (or their parents or legal guardians, as applicable) with any of the Official Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by any entrant (or their parent/legal guardian, as applicable), use or misuse of the Grand Prize Package awarded, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Grand Prize Package awarded.
- (d) Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest Entities shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Instagram or Contest website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; (c) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (d) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (e) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (f) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (g) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judges or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (h) damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest or in connection with the Contest website; (i) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; (j) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; (k) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable) participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, and the use of entries by Sponsor; or (l) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsor for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or email acknowledgements.
- Use of Personal Information: By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants (or their parents/legal guardians, as applicable) consent and agree to the Sponsors’ and its authorized agents collection, use and disclosure of the entrant’s (or their parents/legal guardians, as applicable) personal information for the administration of this Contest and agree to Sponsors’ use of entrant information for the purpose of contacting entrant in relation to this Contest. Information may include (but is not limited to) name, email, telephone number, town or city, province or territory of residence, postal code or mailing address.
- Governing Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules, rights and obligations between entrants (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable) and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
- General: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected entrant(s) and/or its parent or guardians if under the age of majority. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor has not made, with respect to its products/services provided as a prize or part thereof (if applicable), any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants (and/or their parents or legal guardians, as applicable) agree to abide by these Official Rules. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. Decisions of Sponsor and/or any independent Contest judging organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document or communication referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address attached to the Instagram account as provided by the entrant to the Sponsor, will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an access provider, service provider, or other person or organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the account associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
©Universal Music Canada Inc. 2020. All Rights Reserved.